Health and Safety: Information and Procedures
Emergency Telephone Numbers (Fire, Ambulance, Policy):
- Call NZ Emergency Services - 1 (for outside line) and 111, then UC Security extension 6111
- All other emergencies call UC Security extension 6111 or 0800 823637
Doctor: University's Student Health Centre, extension 6402
FM (Works and Services): extension 6400
UC Emergency Response Plan (pdf, 2.76MB)
Health and Safety Action Plans
- Psychology Hazard Register 2016-2017 (pdf) 4.80MB)
- Psychology Health and Safety Action Plan 2016 (pdf, 9.70MB)
- College of Science Safety Manual 2010 (pdf, 326KB)
- Safety Emergency Procedure Information for Psychology 2017 (PDF 183KB)
Health & Safety Committee Chair: Katharina Naswall, extension 94332
Department Safety officer: Silvana de Freitas Costa, extension 94357
Health & Safety Representative: Chris Burt, extension 94431
Building Wardens: Gerard Mesman, extension 94339 and/or - Silvana de Freitas Costa, extension 94357
Workshop Safety and Electrical Tagging and Testing: Ben McGinlay, extension 94369
Biological Compliance Officer (Research Facility): Neroli Harris, extension 94356
The Psychology Centre Clinical Representative: Liz Waugh, extension 94288
The Psychology Centre Warden: Janet Cumberpatch, extension 94292
Induction - Psychology
HS Induction Psychology doc May 2017 (PDF 1.13MB)
HS Induction Psychology centre doc May 2017 (PDF 951KB)
HS Induction for Short Term contractors May 2017 (PDF 453KB)
Health-And-Safety-Policy (pdf, 187KB)
Induction Quiz for staff, visitors and postgraduate students (medium to long term) - a requirement of the College of Science Health & Safety Committee.
If you have difficulty with this link, please refer to the following instructions:
- Login to LEARN - enter your University username and password.
- You will be directed to a log-in page where you will be asked to enter the key code - PSYC
- If the box is already populated, delete and enter PSYC (make sure it is in capitals).
- This will log you into the web page under the Psychology group.
- Read through the documents until you reach the Knowledge Quiz.
- ChemWatch MSDS and Chemical Information (can take a while to upload!)
- ACC HabitAtWork for advice on ergonomics
- UCHealth & Safety Toolkit for staff, students and visitors: this page provides links to information, processes, procedures and tools (UC login required)
- Field Activities: Planning Documents for Staff and Students / Intentions Notification, UC Vehicle Fleet Use Policy for booking and field trips (PDF 281KB)
- UC Online Ergonomic Self-Assessment Tool
- UC Emergency Management
- Defibrillators: info | locations | Nearest to Psychology is in the PSYC/GEOG Link Block (By Cafe 101).